Education & Training
Education and Training Solutions focus on staff orientation and development in healthcare settings where older adults receive palliative care, such as hospice, long-term care and home health settings.
Dr. Long develops curriculum and is an experienced speaker at local, national, and international levels. Below is a partial list of palliative care education and training solutions across the continuum of care. Others are in development. Please inquire if an educational or training topic is not on the list and is of interest to you.
- Develop dementia care education with emphasis in palliative care approaches for persons with advanced dementia using Palliative Care Advanced Dementia™
- Provide palliative and end-of-life care training using the nationally acclaimed End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) Core and Geriatric programs onsite at your organization or in the community (Trainer or Train-the-Trainer programs available)
- Conduct pain management training and program development in community-based and long-term care organizations
- Disseminate evidence-based palliative care approaches in the care of older adults
Examples of completed projects:
- Developed and delivered palliative care for dementia training modules for nursing homes in Arizona, New York, Illinois, Missouri, and Texas
- Created pain management training program for nursing homes in Arizona and New York with measurable results obtained
- Provided palliative and end-of-life care training (including ELNEC) across the US and abroad in the Australia, Philippines, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Georgia, Turkey, and Colombia
- Constructed a graduate level course in palliative care at Arizona State University College of Nursing and Health Innovation
Contact Carol O. Long, PhD, RN, FPCN, FAAN
To contact Carol O. Long, PhD, RN, FPCN, FAAN about palliative Education and Training Solutions, send her a message or call 480.893.3685.