Practice and Operations Solutions
Practice and Operations Solutions in healthcare organizations serving older adults target best practices using evidence-based research, state-of-the-art educational programming and performance driven metrics to create sustainable quality palliative care.
Dr. Long is an experienced practitioner and consultant in the care of adults served in local, regional, national and international healthcare settings. Below is a partial list of practice and operations solutions. Others are in development. Please inquire if an aspect of clinical practice or operations solutions is not on the list and is of interest to you.
- Execute strategic assessment and planning for palliative care program development in long-term care and community-based settings
- Analyze and advise on palliative and end-of-life care practices, with special emphasis in palliative care for persons with advanced dementia
- Critique pain management practice and results in home health, hospice and long-term care organizations
- Evaluate palliative care transitions across settings for older adults
- Start-up of geriatric case management programs in palliative care
- Advise on palliative care for advanced dementia practices including care plans, policies and procedures
- Complete cost analysis in the care of older adults requiring advanced dementia care in nursing homes
- Develop staff competency models and standards that align with educational programs in palliative and end-of-life care
- Adapt End of Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) training for nurses who care for patients from special or different cultural or religious/spiritual backgrounds.
Examples of completed projects:
- Analyzed the feasibility of an inpatient hospice unit in rural Arizona
- Co-developed palliative care for persons with advanced dementia programming locally, across the US and internationally independently and as Co-Director of Comfort Matters, Beatitudes Campus, Phoenix, Arizona
- Provided pain management practice and performance analysis in long-term care settings
- Consulted on two websites related to pain education for nurses in the community and long-term care organizations
Contact Carol O. Long, PhD, RN, FPCN, FAAN
To contact Carol O. Long, PhD, RN, FPCN, FAAN about palliative Practice and Operations Solutions, send her a message or call 480.893.3685.